October 17, 2011

cutting through the clutter

So I spent the last week going through every nook and cranny of our home trying to purge the clutter and stuff. I'm not kidding, every drawer, every closet, every basket and bag. It felt good. I filled my dinning room with stuff. And then we had a tag sale. I wish I could say every last item sold and we pocketed a nice little bundle for a rainy day, but no. I thought for sure I'd be racing out to by the new iPhone 4S today.  We did get rid of a lot as my husband pointed out.  But I still have at least 4 bins of random things to take to the thrift shop.  Anyone need a pair of rollerblades circa 1996?  

So now my plan is to organize and "style" my home a bit better. I'm tired of things, but I think if you move items around, try them in different rooms, instead of buying something new, it all feels new again.  At least that is my hope. Here are some images that are inspiring me at the moment.

where: habitually chic 

where: simply sunshine

where: simply sunshine

where: little bits of lovely

where: little bits of lovely

where: simply sunshine


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I had a field day in S's closet yesterday with her toys. Felt SO good! I agree with moving things around room to room. It's like buying new lipstick.

    ReplyDelete