January 31, 2012

Family

where: from me to you xo
We all come to our marriages with our own set of traditions and family history.  Recently my husband and I have been struggling with the pull of keeping up with those on each side of our families.  Should we continue to follow those same traditions or do we chart our own?  Do we find a new place to go in the summer? Building special memories from just the experiences of our own family of four.  It's hard to let go of the old and start something new.  Am I just trying to recreate my childhood memories for my own children?  It might be time to begin to build our own family history.  It's hard, because the expectation of other family members come into play and I hate to disappoint others.  I also don't ever want to feel a sense of regret.  Linds, I know we talk about this a lot and we both struggle with how to handle it.  But a fresh start is not a bad thing - right?  



1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of starting new family tradtions but agree you're in toe-stepping territory. Blame it on your husband :)

    ReplyDelete