November 28, 2011

to Elf or not to Elf

where: photos by Lindsay for from me to you xo
Does this guy come to your house?  He's come to ours every year for I don't know how long.  
This year he came extra early, arriving the day after Thanksgiving.  
(My husband thought that was very clever.)  
My 6 year old is obsessed with him.  She draws him pictures and writes little notes to him.  
She talks to him about what she wants for Christmas and how she's been so good to her brothers that day.  (I wonder he can tell she's completely manipulating him.)

So.  Is he a fixture of Christmas for the month of December where you live?  
Do your kids run downstairs each morning before opening their advent calender, 
looking for where their Elf is hiding this time.
And when he's in the same place, 
what's the explanation to your questioning children that you give?
To be honest, I think next year Elfy, as we call him here, will be taking some needed time off.  
Is that allowed?

No comments:

Post a Comment