September 20, 2011

inspiration boards

where: Jason Wu found on Habitually Chic
 How fabulous they are!  I love looking at the boards of fascinating people like
Diane von Furstenberg to see what inspires them.  I used to sit for hours designing collages, using images and quotes of what inspired me.  Who knew there was a word for what I was doing and that fabulously creative people were doing it everyday?!

where:  Diane von Furstenburg
where: Chris Benz on Habitually Chic
where: Jenna Lyon's inspiration board
where: Nate Berkus found on In my own Style
where: Carolina Herrera found on Habitually Chic
Working at Martha Stewart Living for the brief period I did right before Jack was born, I saw incredible inspiration boards scattered throughout the company.  One covered an entire wall and I remember thinking how I wish I had my own office to do that.
I'm still wishing for my own office (at home now) and would love to cover a wall with all things that inspire me.  For now though, I have my modest, yet very well respected (by me) inspiration book.  
 It has completely random things but all of it inspires me whenever I open it up.
Take a peak at what's inside.
Someone's desk.  Love it.
 This was a tiny den in a house where we stayed for my cousin's wedding.
It was such a great room.

My inspiration to go for the third, since they have seven kids
and look full of life.

 Her style.

 Need I say more?


This was a list I created at that house that had the great den.
There were so many fabulous things in the house, I had to write them down. 
Starting with her stationary...Grey Goose was the name of the house.  Isn't that fun?!



Pull-outs that inspire and give good advice.

 My girlfriend Rachel's list of great garden books.

 Finding happiness in Paris.  Oh yes please.

Resources.
 Flower arranging ideas.
Hostess gift ideas.

 I love his house. 

 So chic here.

Entertaining ideas.

I just like it.

Do you have an inspiration book?  What's in it?
xo

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. I do have file folders stuffed w/ inspiration as well as white binders with each page safely tucked in page protectors. In my last house, I had a huge wall covered in Cork so that I could post everything on it. That was so much fun! My mom did all of this as well...I love that no matter our age, we do this!

    ReplyDelete