September 19, 2011

Sunday Styles


where: richard press

I've always been a huge fan of The New York Times Sunday Styles section - first thing I go for on Sundays.  So I was thrilled to read on Habitually Chic that the documentary Bill Cunningham New York was now available on DVD and on demand.  For those of you who are fans of The New York Times Sunday Styles section, you will be familiar with Bill Cunningham, the fashion photographer.  Not only for his On The Street column but also for his party photos.  Bill is an icon in the fashion circle.  He has such an eye for trends, often times spotting them and highlighting them in his column long before the fashion publications pick up on it.   Have you ever spotted him in his blue jacket riding around on his bike in the city?

where: richard press

I was dying to see the film when it came out this past Spring but of course it was only being shown in NYC.  One of the many things I miss about living in New York is access to art and events like this.  So I watched it last night and was not disappointed.  Linds, I know you are a fan of the Sunday Styles section, so you have to watch this documentary.  He is an amazing man, and a real character.  He lives a very, very simple life where his work is everything.  Let me know what you think!

1 comment: