September 9, 2011

Routine

where: the style files

I'm a creature of habit. I'm also a little OCD. I like things a certain way and I like knowing what's coming. With that said, I also like how casual and unstructured summer is. And while I'll miss the lazy days of summer I'm ready for the routine and structure to return to our household.  

My older son just started 1st grade last week, after a 3 day delay due to Hurricane Irene. My younger son doesn't start until next week. So I am still waiting for that routine and structure to settle in.  I'm actually craving it to be honest. I need to get myself into an exercise and self-maintinence groove so to speak.  It gives me a sense of security and calm.  Don't you feel the same? 



Now that I'm on the other side of 40 (ugh!) I really need to be sure that I keep up with my upkeep.  I'm not getting any younger as they say.  And I do believe if Mama's happy everybody's happy and I'm happiest when I feel good about myself physically and mentally.  What's your plan for the Fall and taking care of yourself and your family?

Here's a website/blog that I just discovered, Small Notebook.  I think it might be one I will be visiting a lot.

where: small notebook

I loved this post on small notebook about "taking care of me" it's a good reminder and one I need to remember.  

1 comment: