May 17, 2011

How do they know?

How do kids know the difference between healthy food and junk food? It's crazy, it's almost like it's wired into them. For example, my youngest had never had a cheese doodle, so I thought I'd carry out a little experiment.  I put the choice between a healthy carrot and an unhealthy cheese doodle in front of him and he immediately went for the one on the left! Why not the carrot? I mean they are practically the same color.

where: photo by Jennifer for from me to you xo
I'm always telling my kids "eat your veggies so you can grow big and strong."  The other day my youngest (the one who chose the cheese doodle) told me "Mommy, I'm not going to eat vegetables anymore because I don't want to grow big, I just want to stay 3."
I don't want him to grow up either.

1 comment:

  1. i love this! they have to be wired for this. i try so hard to sneak in healthy things into stella's food and she's always on to me. i've resorted to some crazy veggie powder that i get at whole foods that i put in her milk since she refuses to eat veggies. i wonder at what age they get more adventurous and less picky?

    ReplyDelete