May 23, 2011

Lemonade

Yesterday we went to a very "old fashioned" fair at my son's school.  No crazy rides, just good old fashioned games - ring toss, cake walk, pony rides.  Take a look at how the lemonade was served at the fair.
where: photo by Jennifer for from me to you xo
The lemonade came straight from the lemon, literally.  Here's how it works - alongside a small white straw inserted into a hole cut in the lemon, was a candy lemon stick. The idea is that you sip the straw and the lemon stick together so you get the sweetness of the sugar to balance out the tartness of the lemon juice.  You do need to squeeze the lemon as you drink to get the juice going, but my kids loved it!  I have a feeling my friend Tiffany from Holiday, is going to like this idea, as she is always coming up with clever things to do at her daughter Stella's parties.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, you know I'm all over this. I read this post with wide eyes!

    ReplyDelete