May 17, 2011

let it rain

When was the last time you went for a walk in the pouring rain?  For me, it had been a very long time, but I did it this morning.  I love my walks.  They are so helpful in calming me down and pulling me away for a short period of time from the demands of life.  They help me to think and slow down and clear my head.  But this morning it was pouring out and so easy to use the rain as an excuse to stay in...but I put on my bright yellow raincoat, my bean boots I've had since I was 16 (and love by the way), grabbed the dog and left the house.  I needed to.

I heard the sound of my own breath, and felt the wet of the rain and saw the new green of spring and smelled the earth.  My senses woke up for that short period of time, in the rain, in the woods and I was just able to be.  It's a great thing.  After the walk,  I got in the car, soaked and feeling amazing.

Here's the view from under my hood.  

The beautiful and so special Chapel in the Woods.







where: photos by Lindsay for from me to you xo

No comments:

Post a Comment