May 25, 2011

a present for me

I LOVE my girlfriends...they are loyal and fun and hilarious and great advisors... and I'd be lost without them.  But I have to admit, one of the true reasons I love them so much is that they are incredible gift givers.  Lucky me.  

On my wedding weekend (14 years ago this coming July Jen!) my girlfriend Melissa made me a cookbook, taking her own incredible, delicious recipes and hand writing each one of them for me.   I hold this gift so close to my heart because every time I open it, memories of her come flooding in.  I've used it over and over again, and the recipes never fail.  One of my favorites is her carrot cake recipe.  It gets made every birthday for my kids, a tradition that started almost 9 years ago.  Everyone loves it and I thought I'd share it with you.
Thanks Lulu.

where:  melissa's wedding cookbook

4 comments:

  1. so sweet! I'm telling Melu about our blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- I'm new here and love your blog! I got here from Tiffany at Holiday (we went to high school together) and decided that this carrot cake recipe was something I HAD to make while my twins napped yesterday - for absolutely no occasion at all - well, maybe to celebrate that I actually had all the ingredients on hand. THAT is a reason to celebrate! Anyway, I made them as cupcakes and have to agree that they were the best I've ever tasted. I don't feel guilty at all eating one for breakfast this morning. Just as I won't as I celebrate me eating all of my breakfast with one, then all of my lunch with another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie. I'm so glad you found our blog. (thank you Tiffany!). You just put a big smile on my face that you made Melissa's carrot cake. I can't wait to tell her. Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy your cupcakes! Are the twins old enough to enjoy them too?! Thanks so much for commenting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do tell her and please share more recipes! ;) My twins (Libby and Drew) are 4 and they loved them even before I iced them. I have to admit that the 12 I made certainly didn't last long in our house. A big hit! :)

    Katie from Cayenne Paper

    ReplyDelete