May 10, 2011

Whole Foods Headache

My total grocery bill today came to $497 (the highest to date)
and I felt a warped sense of relief that I hadn't hit the $500 mark.
What I should have felt was either sheer panic or blanket stupidity for
even being able to accomplish such a feat.
The problem: I love going to Whole Foods. I do.
I honestly lose track of time when I'm there.
I know I should be supporting the farmer's markets or joining a
CSA, which believe me, I would LOVE to do...
but right now, with three kids including an infant, I need to do a one-stop-shop.
And to me, Whole Foods is the next best thing.

Take a look at my results.

How gorgeous does my counter look?!

I definitely take advantage of the Whole Foods products and the 365 line.
Makes me feel a little better, thinking I'm being budget conscious.

To justify the high price of my bill, the cost of baby food has most definitely
gone up, especially if you're like me and like to buy the fabulously packaged,
extremely healthy and organic stuff.
How adorable is this product! Created by well-known chef
(and dad) Tyler Florence. http://sproutbabyfood.com/

Gorgeous.

My beautiful cilantro. I actually buy it to use more for a
bouquet than for cooking.

where: photos by Lindsay for from me to you xo
Happy ending.

For the record, I went to the market with nothing in
the kitchen to feed my kids...and hungry.

Jen, come to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment