July 29, 2011

breathe in summer

where: pretty stuff
It's that time of year again 
and I'm finally off to my most favorite place in the world.
To my beloved little stretch of beach that I've known and loved since I was six.
 I'm pretty sure I won't be able to post out there, 
so to Jen and to our fabulous readers who have followed us 
and supported us on this exciting journey into the blog world...
...have a great August, happy summer and love to all!!

I leave you with...

The cocktail.
where: myrecipes.com
We all know one of the best parts about the beach is cocktail hour.
Jeremy, my sweet husband, is known for his killer rum punches.  
He whips them up and creates them by taste.  
Here he is with his recipe for success if you want give it a try.

(Thanks love.)

Hi Linds.  Thanks for including me in today’s post.
Honestly it’s a fairly unscientific recipe.
Basic ingredients and mix to taste:

Bacardi white rum
Sailor Jerry’s Navy Spiced Rum (this is key)
Pineapple juice
Any sort of carbonated citrus juice/soda like IZZY or Orangina
Cranberry juice
Add fresh limes and oranges

Sometimes I add a little ginger ale as well.

Drink up!  Beware and behave.



 The music.

I've asked my dear friend David, 
rockin' musician, creative talent and life of the party 
to come up with his own top 10 dance song list for today's post.
(We actually got 14 out of him.) 
Here's what he came up with.  
I love them all!...and I love his comments that go alongside each one.
Jen, what would be on your list?  Although I know I don't even have to ask!
Let's come up with our own xo dance list and get down and boogie. 

So fantastic David.  You're the best!

1) MJ - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (nuff said)
2) Madonna - Vogue (she is the queen of the club and this is as good as any of her fantastic hits but could easily substitute Ray Of Light)
3) Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body (infectious groove)
4) Bee Gees - Stayin Alive (Ever since John Travolta showed us how to disco, this one wins)
5) Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (so easy to just get lost in this song)
6) Michael Jackson - Thriller (I mean, just epic.)
7) Will Smith - Getting Jiggy Wit It or Men In Black (I'm such a fan of his, especially given our Philly connection)
8) Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money Mo Problems (I love the sample of Diana Ross "I'm Coming Out" which could also make this list)
9) Outkast - The Way You Move (I love Earth, Wind and Fire and these guys originally draw on them for incredible inspiration. Love the rap. Could also substitute Hey Ya)
10) Fergie - Glamorous (in particular, the Treasure Fingers Remix. I love her whispy voice on this track. And how she mispronounces words like "glamoroussse")
11) Kylie Minogue - Can't get you out of my head (hypnotic)
12) 50 Cent - In Da Club (defined the early 2000s)
13) Earth, Wind and Fire - Let's Groove (oh man, i love the horn section)
14) Jackson 5 - I want you back (definition of classic)

How's that??

D


The look.
Let's go back to that!

Enjoy and soak up everything delicious about August!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Linds, you are so sweet to include me in this glamourous and exclusive publication! Hope you and your readers and having a groovy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I adore you my dear David! Thanks for your help with this post. It's such a fun list...a classic to be treasured.
    Much love to you and Mer. I'll see you when I get home.

    ReplyDelete