July 12, 2011

the zaza

I just came back from a visit to Dallas, Texas and I have to say I had a ball.  
Seeing an opportunity to take a mini-vacation, I went with Jeremy 
who was down there on business.  
My plan:  
lay by the pool, read my book, my magazines, go to fun restaurants and check out the city.  
Exactly what I did. 

We stayed at the Hotel Zaza.  So fun.  It's a chic, luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Dallas.  
And they take such good care of you.  
We were brought a delicious dinner of 
tuna tacos and chardonnay 
(do you like how I include chardonnay in my definition of dinner Jen?)
to our balcony at midnight on our first night.  
I had breakfast in bed, 
lunch poolside, 
and lounged under a constant mist of water
in 105 degree heat.  
I was so happy.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll move there.  
What do you think Jen?   
You can come visit me and stay at the Zaza.  
We could get under the mist together.  
Let's get Tiffany from HOLIDAY to join us!

Here are some images from the hotel.

The front

 Poolside.  Here's the mist.  It's heaven.
I'm definitely doing this at home.
  The Zaza had strawberry infused water at the pool and it is so refreshing.
  I couldn't get enough.

My ride.

I loved this at the entrance.  
It may look over the top but worked so well with the look of the hotel.

The hotel had the best lighting.  One so different from the next.
At the restaurant during the day...
...then at night.

Fun chair in our room.

A great room where you could have your own private dinner party.

The lounge.




where: photos by Lindsay for from me to you xo
And fabulous photographs and books scattered thoughout the hotel.

Thank you Zaza.  Hope to be back.

5 comments:

  1. Count me in! I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit esp in this heat! Your "ride" cracks me up! Now I'm off to put sliced strawberries in my water...they always have cute things like that there. The last time I visited a friend staying there, they had trays of chocolate covered marshmallows near the elevator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip! And I love the idea of the cut up strawberries in the water. Seems so much more exotic than lemons or limes. Lighting looks cool too- especially in the photos where you showed daytime and at night. Very eclectic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cam. So good of you to continue checking out our blog. I love that you are commenting! And appreciated your advice and insight the other night.
    Such a good cousin you are. Much, much love.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tiffany. I'm so sorry we didn't connect. Too much going on with the mist and strawberry water. The next time I'm there (and hopefully with Jen) we will definitely meet up. I'm really looking forward to it. I love your comments on our blog. Thank you for always reading.
    Chocolate covered marshmallows? My teeth hurt just thinking about them.
    I see a cold front came through. :)
    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete