July 14, 2011

oh domino


I'm sure if you follow the fabulous Habitually Chic, you've
coming out on November 1st of this year.  
For me, anything Deborah Needleman does is brilliant and not to be ignored, 
of course beginning with my most favorite and beloved magazine...Domino.
(Bow your head for a moment of silence please.)

where: photo by Lindsay for from me to you xo
When I heard Domino was ending, I immediately called to order 
as many back copies as they had.
This is my collection so far.  Still hunting.

Here's my faded, well loved copy of The Book of Decorating.
Do you have it Jen?  
I'm getting it for your birthday if you don't.

Take a peak at some of the ideas and looks that are in the book...

 How fun are these stairs Jen?!

 Since I live in my small but sweet house, I love the small-space solutions part of the book.

 Chic entryway

 I adore this wallpaper leading into the back room.  
The book unfortunately doesn't give credit as to where this wallpaper is from
but I'm determined to find out.  
Anyone recognize it?

Wouldn't you expect to see this light outside?...but cleverly placed in the dining room.  
Love. 

 Open shelving is brilliant if you have a small kitchen.  
I just did it in mine and it makes the room feel so much bigger.  
I love the look.

 How gorgeous is that mirror?  And the dark walls w/ the white of the sink and tub...

A husband can dream.

 Jenna Lyon's bathroom.

 Liz Lange's entryway.  
I've been dying to buy this mirror at Wisteria.  Just can't swing the cost.

And the illistration of it.

Speaking of illistrations, I have just been introduced to the work of
Virgina Johnson, the illustrator for
The Perfectly Imperfect Home.
You may have seen her illustrations in some of the Kate Spade books.  

Below are images of the very stylish work
by Ms. Johnson.

I'm thinking of getting prints of her work and putting them in white frames for a bathroom.








xo

2 comments:

  1. The wallpaper is Zebrine by Rose Cummings. I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff love that you knew the answer to this!! Thank you as I"m dying to use it in my next home (someday...) I think it would be fun to do a mudroom in it or a back hallway. Happy Weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete