June 8, 2011

going short

I'm getting my haircut next week and I have to tell you, I want to chop it all off. 
I'm so sick of long hair and now, it's just too hot outside.   
I defintiely don't have the courage to do it, and even if I did, 
I'm not sure it would be the best move.  
Back in my 20's I went for the short hair cut and my husband's friends told me I look like 
Ellen DeGeneres.  Don't get me wrong, I love Ellen...I just didn't want her look.   
But there was some truth to their observation and I grew it out immediately.

Now if I could be guaranteed to have the looks of any one of these beauties,  
I wouldn't hesitate.  

where: natalie portman/ the neotraditionalist

where: fuckyeah60sfashion

where:  emma watson for marie claire

where: katie armor/ the neotraditionalist

where: kate moss/ the neotraditionalist
(I'll post a picture of my cut when I get it done.  Who knows!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so there and was thinking the same exact thing today as I put my hair in the ponytail for the six millionth consecutive time. Why waste the time blow drying and maintaining frizz with product/flat iron when I just put it in a ponytail?

    I had short hair before (c. 1992) when no one else really did and the funniest thing was that my roommate (whom I had just befriended that year) showed up at the apt. a few days later with the SAME haircut. Oh, did I tell you that this was also the time that Single White Female was playing? It was creepy. Gosh, I hope she's not reading this. ;)

    Katie at Cayenne Paper

    ReplyDelete