June 6, 2011

Seaglass hunting

where: shabbychicks 
Over the weekend, I was at the beach with my boys, a few of my friends and their kids - it was gorgeous and the perfect day for seaglass hunting. Or as my kids and I call it, looking for mermaid jewels.  I've loved hunting for seaglass since I was little, always a favorite summer pastime.  These days it's harder and harder to come by, especially the greens, light blues and deep blues.  The pale pinks are even more rare, at least where we live in the Northeast. But as it was early in the season, we did pretty well.

where: photo by Jennifer for from me to you xo

The kids were thrilled with their finds and so was I!  

where: photo by Jennifer for from me to you xo

We keep our treasures in a jar in our kitchen. We started to fill it about 2 years ago - haven't made much progress.  Linds - I wonder if you have any luck at the beach where you go in the summer?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you keep your beach finds in a jar. If you came to my house, you'd wonder if I lived by the sea. Our old house has a built-in planter in the entryway. After unsuccessful attempts of keeping tiny ferns in them, I finally just filled it w/ oyster shells. Pretending I'm in Nantucket at all times... (this is Tiffany, by the way. Google Blogger has given me the hardest time lately signing in to leave comments - it's driving me crazy!)

    ReplyDelete